This course consists of Five days in-person in Montreal, with small group interactions, site visits, field trips, and guest presentations.
Participants in the Learning Circle come from diverse backgrounds and experiences as they prepare to take leadership responsibility in the United Church. Through genuine encounter, intercultural dialogue, and active learning, participants will:
- Form a community of support and understanding
- Share one another’s theological perspectives and pastoral practices
- Explore challenges and identify resources
- Discover key elements of the historical and theological journey of the United Church
- Explore what it means to be an intercultural church
- Identify the United Church’s core values, structures, policies, and commitments.
Subsidies are available for travel to Montreal from elsewhere in Canada, based on the lowest available fare. Those who wish to apply for a travel subsidy should contact: [email protected]
Accommodation at the Presbyterian College Residence is available to participants (single rooms, access to a shared kitchen, shared bathrooms), and is included in the cost of the program. Participants are responsible for covering the cost of their own breakfast and supper. Lunch is provided each day. Parking is available at an additional cost. Participants who do not wish to stay at the college are welcome to make different arrangements at their own cost.