Position: Executive Administrator
Reports to: Director of MST
Employment Type: Three-year, contract
The Montreal School of Theology
The Montreal School of Theology is a consortium of theological colleges that work in collaboration with McGill University to prepare people for leadership and service in their respective traditions. The two colleges (Montreal Diocesan Theological College and The Presbyterian College) brings unique approaches and perspectives to the work of theological education, and MST is the consortium that brings these together into a coherent educational program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Administrative oversight of all courses offered for all programs in MST, including enrollment management, scheduling, online course learning environment, evaluations, and other related matters
- Technical management and administration of online course learning environment and student information system
- Coordination of contracts with sessional and workshop instructors and provision of support during the duration of their contract
- Administrative support to the MST Board and the MST Academic Committee, including preparation of agendas, minute-taking, record-keeping, and other related matters
- Coordination of all aspects of the In Ministry Year, including orientation, workshops, and the intercultural learning experience
- Management of the MST website
- Record-keeping for all students In-Ministry Year placements
- Complete annual reporting to the Association of Theological Schools, Copibec, and our educational assessment process, as well as other reports that arise on a regular basis
- In collaboration with college staff and faculty, an active role in application and admission process and maintenance of student progress records throughout the course of their studies
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of MST
Skills and Competencies
The successful candidate will have:
- at least 3 years of administrative experience,
- superior communication skills, written and spoken,
- familiarity with online learning and student information systems,
- experience in managing and updating of websites (WordPress),
- familiarity with the context of higher education,
- the ability to work well in a team environment,
- sympathy with the aims and objectives of the Montreal School of Theology
It is highly desirable that the Executive Administrator be fluently bilingual (English and French).
The Executive Administrator reports to the Director of MST, a role which is held in rotation by one of the principals of the theological colleges. The Executive Administrator will also work closely with the Directors of Pastoral Studies (or equivalent) at the colleges, who collectively oversee the In Ministry Year program.
This position is remunerated at 60% of the pay range for the position, which is $48-52,000.
Please direct your cover letter and CV to:
Rev. Dr. Jesse Zink
Director, Montreal School of Theology
3475 University Street
Montreal, QC H3A 2A8