Montreal Diocesan Theological College is hiring a COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR to work with college staff to raise the profile of the college with donors, prospective students, and church bodies. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Principal but works as part of a staff team to ensure that the college achieves its goals in recruitment, fundraising, and communications.
The primary responsibilities of this position are in the following areas:
- Oversee college publications (digital and print), including but not limited to: website, social media, e-newsletter, printed publicity material, and annual year-in-review print publication
- Write news articles and other material about college events for print and digital publications
- Serve as the main coordinator for written communications of the college, including electronic and print newsletters and year-in-review
- Serve as webmaster for the college website, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of content
- Oversee the college’s visual and brand identity for clarity and consistency
- Coordinate with external vendors for services, as needed, including photography and graphic design
- Coordinate fundraising efforts, including organization of direct mailings, follow-up phone calls, preparation of reports, and other related matters
- Manage college’s electronic and physical mailing lists
- Assist principal and other college faculty in preparing materials to assist in recruitment efforts
- Other tasks
It should be expected that there is some flexibility in this job description, with possible additional tasks in relation to event management or communications, given the changing needs of the College, with modest adjustments to the overall workload as appropriate.
This position requires:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superior written and spoken communication skills
- An ability to work well with others: to show initiative when it is required and take direction when needed
- Capacity for time management and multi-tasking
- Familiarity and comfort with requisite technology. We use WordPress for our website, Microsoft Office to work internally, Sumac CRM and SalesForce to manage our fundraising, and MailChimp for e-newsletters. We also have access to Adobe InDesign and related products
- Written and spoken English fluency. English-French bilingualism is a tremendous asset
- At least 2 to 4 years of previous experience in communications and/or fundraising
- Supportive of the vision and mission of the college and the work of theological education
This is a 0.8 FTE position (understood as 4 days per week). Compensation includes a competitive pension and benefit package. Salary will correspond to qualifications and experience and will be based on a range of $47,000 to $52,000 per year for a 1.0 FTE position.
Montreal Diocesan Theological College (widely known simply as “Dio”) prepares students for ministry in the Anglican and other Christian traditions. Since 1873, it has worked in collaboration with McGill University and the colleges of the Montreal School of Theology to deliver educational programs. In the 2021-2022 Academic Year, Dio will be operating in a strategic alliance with the United Theological College (UTC), in which the two colleges will operate two programs under one roof with one principal. The Communications Coordinator will do work on behalf of both institutions as they integrate operations.
A complete application includes a cover letter, CV, and the names and contact details of two references. Applicants should also include a communications product which they were involved in creating and specify their role in its creation. Applications may be sent to [email protected]. A review of applications will begin in the week of May 10 and continue until the position is filled.
For more information or an informal conversation about the role, please contact Jesse Zink at [email protected].
We’re also hiring for a registrar right now.