The Montreal School of Theology seeks to hire a REGISTRAR who will coordinate educational and governance activities and oversee a streamlining of administrative complexity in our consortium.
The Montreal School of Theology is a consortium of three theological colleges that work in collaboration with McGill University to prepare people for leadership and service in their respective traditions. Each of our colleges brings unique approaches and perspectives to the work of theological education, and MST is the consortium that brings these together into a coherent educational program.
The responsibilities of the Registrar include:
- Administrative oversight of all courses offered for all programs in MST, including enrollment management, scheduling, online course learning environment, evaluations, and other related matters
- Technical management and administration of online course learning environment and student information system
- Coordination of contracts with sessional and workshop instructors and provision of support during the duration of their contract
- Administrative support to the MST Board and the MST Academic Committee, including preparation of agendas, minute-taking, record-keeping, and other related matters
- Coordination of all aspects of the In Ministry Year, including orientation, workshops, and intercultural learning experience
- Management of the MST website
- Record-keeping for all students in ministry placements
- Complete annual reporting to the Association of Theological Schools, Copibec, and our educational assessment process, as well as other reports that arise on a regular basis
- In collaboration with college staff and faculty, an active role in application and admission process and maintenance of student progress records throughout the course of their studies
The Registrar reports to the Director of MST, a role which is held in rotation by one of the principals of the theological colleges. The Registrar will also work closely with the Directors of Pastoral Studies (or equivalent) at the colleges, who collectively oversee the In Ministry Year program.
The Registrar will have the following profile:
- Supportive of the mission and vision of the colleges of the Montreal School of Theology and the work of theological education
- A DEC or undergraduate degree plus 2 to 4 years work experience in an administrative position
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proven ability to transmit and receive information accurately
- Experience maintaining accurate record keeping
- Organizational skills with ability to prioritize
- Proven knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Bilingual in English and French
- Proven ability to master new technologies and educate others in their use
- Familiarity with Student Information Systems and Learning Management Systems (such as Moodle) is considered an asset.
This is 0.8 FTE position based on an annual salary range of $48,000 to $52,000 for a 1 FTE position. The position includes a competitive benefits and pension package. The initial appointment will be for a period of 2 years, with the possibility of renewal.
A complete application includes a CV, cover letter, and the names and addresses of at least two references. Applications may be sent to [email protected]. A review of applications will begin in the week of May 10 and continue until the position is filled.
For more information or an informal conversation about the position, please contact Jesse Zink, [email protected].
We’re also in the midst of hiring a communications coordinator as well.