To apply for the M.Div. program, you must apply simultaneously to the B.Th. program at McGill University and to the Montreal Diocesan Theological College.
The link above will lead you to admission and application information for the B.Th program. Apply to all Montreal Diocesan Theological College programs using the form below. In addition, we ask that you submit the following documentation with your application:
1. Official transcripts from any educational institution you have attended. Transcripts should be sent directly from the educational institution to:
Montreal Diocesan Theological College
3475 University Street
Montreal, QC H3A 2A8
2. At least two letters of reference. Preferably, one of these should be from a teacher or professor, and another should be from your bishop, priest, or minister. Your references send their letters directly to us at the same address or by email to: email@example.com. If sent by email it would be helpful to put your name and the word “Reference” in the subject line.
3. Please write a letter or essay describing some of your major experiences and commitments as a Christian, including any forms of church and community involvement, and also outlining your reasons for applying for theological study leading to ordination (or to your chosen program if you are not seeking ordination). This letter may be sent by mail, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the word “Application” in the subject line.
4. If you are already in a postulancy process, please submit documentation from your bishop or discernment committee. It is your responsibility to ensure that your studies meet the requirements of your bishop for ordination.
5. If you are applying to the reading and tutorial course, we require a registration fee of $200, payable by cheque to Montreal Diocesan Theological College at the address above, or credit card (please use the contact form to inquire about paying by credit card).