Membership in The Friends of the College is open to any interested person. Dues are $30 per individual per academic year (June 1st through May 31st of the following year) or $100 for an institutional membership. The Friends of the College is a community of people who support the work of the college. Members receive discounts on college programs and invitations to special events. In return, they commit to pray for and support the college and are also responsible for electing the Board of Governors and approving the financial statements at an annual general meeting.
Online courses and workshops with discounted rates for friends of the college.
Online Open Enrolment Courses
During Fall and Winter semester at Dio, we offer a range of online open enrolment courses that equip students for life in a changing church. These courses are aimed at anyone who is interested in deepening their Christian faith and knowledge, and cultivating leadership skills in the church. There is no homework or written assignments. All you need is a desire to learn and a willingness to participate. Discounted prices for members are available on the course pages.
Discounted rates on study day, workshops, and online classes, including:
- “Reading the Bible in the Season of Creation: Christian Discipleship in the a Time of Climate Crisis” (September and October 2021).
- “Wholeness and Holiness: Reconciliation in the Church” (January and February 2020).
And access to events such as:
- Reconciliation as a Spiritual Practice, an afternoon discussion led by Ms. Melanie Delva, reconciliation animator for the Anglican Church of Canada (May 2019).
- Afternoon Q&A with the Most Rev. Fred Hiltz, primate of the Anglican Church of Canada (May 2018).
- Book launch and reception for Jesse Zink’s Christianity and Catastrophe in South Sudan (November 2018)