The Montreal School of Theology seeks a Researcher and Writer to take the lead in a project surveying the needs for pastoral leadership and exploring the distinctive role of MST and its constituent colleges in Montreal as the city emerges from the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Qualifications Required: Strong command of French and English; Strong organizational skills; Interest in pastoral research; Clear oral and written communication skills; Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative research with expert synthesis; Self-motivation, work independently and meet deadlines; Comfortable making cold calls; Strong interpersonal skills.
- Qualifications desired: Familiarity with Montreal’s religious, specifically Christian, environment; Knowledge of Montreal’s community service and activism organizations; Background in cultural studies.
- Hourly Salary: $25.00. Hours per Week: 20 hours. Weekly hours may vary.
- This is a project focused contract position; no benefits are included in the compensation. This project is planned for a three-month period during summer and early Fall 2021. All research and writing is to be conducted during that time period. The length of the contract may be extended. A final report for faculty and governing bodies in English with an executive summary in both English and French will be required.
- Reports to: a small team of faculty that is overseeing the project
- Location: interviews and remote work. The Montreal School of Theology is located in downtown Montreal at the corner of University and Milton.
- A complete application will consist of: CV, cover letter, and contact details of two references. Complete applications may be sent to to [email protected].
- A review of applications will begin Monday, June 7, 2021 and continue until an appointment is made. For informal enquiries and more information please contact Jesse Zink at [email protected]
The Montreal School of Theology is a consortium of theological colleges that work in collaboration with one another and McGill University to prepare people for leadership roles in the church and in the world. MST hires based on merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community.